SL Raheja Hospital is located in the suburb of Mahim in Mumbai It is associated with Fortis Hospitals and has established a high standard of healthcare services and medical facilities since its inception. We are one of the best multispecialty hospitals in Mumbai
S.L. Raheja Hospital (A Fortis Associate) Raheja Rugnalaya Marg, Mahim (W), Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400016, India.
Emergency No- 022-66529888
For people with severe obesity and additional health problems, bariatric surgery is the best option. It is recommended by doctors when other methods like diet or exercise are not effective. Bariatric surgery includes surgeries like gastric bypass and other weight-loss surgeries. The surgeon makes changes to the digestive system of a person, which create a feeling of fullness and increased metabolism. Some procedures limit the amount of food you can eat. While some procedures reduce the body's ability to absorb nutrients. Some procedures do both. The restriction in the amount of food consumed leads to weight loss. However, along with the surgery, you need to make permanent dietary changes to guarantee that your surgery remains successful in the long run. If you have a weight issue and other related health problems, you need to visit the Best Obstetrician in Mumbai to get all the relevant information about bariatric surgery.
How diet plays an important role in weight-loss surgery?
Weight-loss surgery brings a limit to the types of food and the quantity you can eat. After undergoing surgery, the body may lose its ability to absorb essential nutrients, leading to nutritional deficiencies. To remain healthy, you must eat the right kinds of food in the proper amounts. If you do not pay attention to your diet and consume calorie-rich food, you could gain excess weight again. It would be advisable to visit a reputed hospital that performs the Best Bariatric Surgery in Mumbai and clear any doubts about weight loss surgery.
Consequences of a wrong diet on your health after weight-loss surgery
1. If you eat too fast or overeat, you may experience symptoms of nausea and vomiting.
2. You may experience gas, bloating, diarrhoea, or cramping if you have lactose intolerance. Have lactose-free milk or drink smaller amounts of milk at a time
3. Some people experience hair loss temporarily due to low protein and other nutrients in their diet
4. You may suffer from dehydration, dry mouth, fatigue, and headache if your fluid intake is insufficient. Try to sip liquids very often during the day
5. Your body may empty food quickly after you eat a meal. You can prevent this by avoiding refined sugars and foods high in fat. You should also avoid consuming fluids immediately after a meal
6. A low intake of fibre can lead to constipation. To prevent that, increase your fluid intake and have more fibre-rich food
Get in touch with a centre for Weight loss surgery in Mumbai, and ask them for more relevant information regarding the appropriate diet to consume.
General dietary guidelines to follow after bariatric surgery
The following dietary guidelines will help you understand the right food you can consume after your weight-loss surgery.
1. Make it a practice to eat small portions of balanced meals
2. Do not eat hurriedly. Chew whatever you eat slowly and thoroughly
3. Restrict your intake of sweets, carbohydrates, and fats
4. Keep track of the portions you eat, and also the calories and amount of protein. Limit your daily intake to 1000 calories
5. As far as possible, avoid sugary foods and beverages, such as fruit juices or sweets
By consuming the right balanced diet, you can prevent nutritional complications after your weight loss surgery. Visiting Raheja Hospital, where expert surgeons provide the Best Bariatric Surgery Treatment in Mumbai, would be the best decision to make. The hospital’s ultra-modern amenities and advanced equipment, along with highly-qualified doctors, guarantee the best possible outcome for you after undergoing bariatric surgery.