SL Raheja Hospital is located in the suburb of Mahim in Mumbai It is associated with Fortis Hospitals and has established a high standard of healthcare services and medical facilities since its inception. We are one of the best multispecialty hospitals in Mumbai
S.L. Raheja Hospital (A Fortis Associate) Raheja Rugnalaya Marg, Mahim (W), Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400016, India.
Emergency No- 022-66529888
Beyond COVID-19 - The New Normal
The world has not seen a pandemic as severe as the new Coronavirus in recent times. It has impacted every aspect of human life; not just the physical and mental health of individualsbut the financial health is also adversely affected. World over the economy has slumped and there is a financial crisis which is looming ahead.The pandemic made us locked at our homes for our safety.Lockdown worked as a double edged sword, which prevented the rapid spread of disease but at the same time inflicted a huge loss on the income of individuals. Till date the disease had not yet come under control despite our best efforts and with each passing day, the number of cases are growing.Doctors and scientists worldwide are working relentlessly to fight this disease and there have been efforts to find an effective vaccine. But still it looks like a distant dream.
Living with the virus is the reality now, the new normal way of life….
The complete lockdown situation has come to an end, and people are embracing the new normal. From maintaining social distancing norms to wearing masks in public, we are adapting to the situation. With the assistance of the World Health Organization (WHO), the government has been implementing new ways to operate public transports and places so that people can stay away from one another.
The stakeholders like the Government and the healthcare institutions are taking the steps to ensure that the new normal is implemented, and are coming up with patient safety guidelines and ways to prevent the further spread of disease without hampering the routine of life.
Hospitals and patient safety
One of the front-line warriors fighting actively to tackle this whole situation are our doctors. They are working 24*7 to help people fight this deadly disease. Dedicated COVID hospital in Mumbai like Raheja Hospital are adopting new ways to maintain patient's safety during this pandemic situation.
Visiting the hospital premises during this pandemic outbreak is a major scare for everyone, that is why the hospitals ensure that -
1. Norms and guidelines of social distancing and sanitisation are followed diligently in the hospital premises.
2. Expanding their capacity beyond normal to meet the increased patient inflow due to the pandemic.
3. Creating a robust home isolation programme keeping in mind the safety of the patient and creating awarenessabout itso that if required, people can practice it.
4. Delivering accurate and timely communication for informed decision-making.
5.Telehealth techniques are adopted for primary care, medication motoring, and all the treatments that can be done remotely. Only patients who need in-person care should visit the hospital.
6. All the patients coming for emergency treatments are held in a separate area till they take the COVID test.
7. There are separate treatment units for Corona positive patients and those free from it.
8. At every nook and corner of the hospital, all patients and their accompanying members maintain a 6 feet distance.
9. Hospital premises are cleaned and disinfected at regular intervals to prevent the spreadof the virus.
Safety at the Individual level
There is an age old saying “Prevention is better than cure”.
One should take some safety measures at the individual level to keep away from the virus. Here is a list of health practices that one should follow to protect himself:
1. Wash your hands often with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
2. If you are out in public, keep a hand sanitizer that contains at least 70% alcohol, and use it as frequently as possible.
3. If hand are soiled washing your hands with soap is advisable.
4. Cover your face while coughing or sneezing with the upper part of your hand or a tissue to prevent contamination. After use, discard the tissues in a closed bin.
5. Do not touch your face, eyes, or mouth unless you have washed your hands.
6. If you are out in public, make sure to maintain at least 6 feet distance. Do not gather anywhere and avoid close contact with people, especially those who are sick.
7. Do not step out of your house without a face mask.
8. Clean and disinfect the surface you frequently touch at a regular interval to prevent the virus's spread.
With all these safety measures, you will be able to fight the pandemic properly. In case you or someone in your family have symptoms, get tested immediately. If you do not have symptoms but have tested positive for COVID, home isolation is the right choice. Whatever might be the situation, do not lose hope, follow the protocols, and you will be able to live with the new normal.
Remember they key to defeat the virus is in our hands.
Leave A Reply